Talent Pool: Sarah Zhang, Account Manager, ShanghaiJanuary 6th, 2017
1. What does the Account Manager in Shanghai do?
As the “oldest” staff on site, my main job is to oversee the work and coordinate with the client, as well as act as the office contact window.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
Advertising is such a big, vivid world, especially when it’s integrated with social and mobile platforms. Everyone’s work and lifestyle have been changed with the increasing power we have to present our ideas.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
I’m a classical music lover, but with no time for my hobby thanks to the terrible-two stage of my child’s life!
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
Kinetic China News, which I’ve treated like a baby since it was handed over to me at Issue 52. We’re about to release Issue 98 this month.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
Good content engages people; it encourages them to talk, and contribute with an emotional response, and even more importantly – with good content sales.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch dramas, and travel!
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
An old junkman, who was a school teacher before retirement, was found to be donating to education in rural areas for decades after his death, a secret only unveiled later to his family and society.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
9. What’s your best-kept secret in the neighborhood?
You can find a small piece of 19th century Europe hidden within Shanghai.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
“After you make all of your efforts, the only thing you need is a little bit of luck.”