The Talent Pool: Jose Carlos Figuerola, Commercial Manager, LimaFebruary 3rd, 2017
1. What does the Commercial Manager in Lima do?
I’m in charge of the commercial development of existing platforms, as well as new business opportunities in Peru.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
The teamwork at Bookmark is part of our strong and powerful portfolio.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
I love theater and acting. It’s something I did long ago, and it is something I would like to do again.
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
Definitely the proposal that we have just presented and are currently developing for PeruRail. It is the first we’ve developed for a Peruvian client. The research and creative work by the team in Chile was flawless! Working together has been an enriching experience.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
It must have its own personality, be powerful and targeted to a specific target, and accompanied, if possible, with engaging imagery.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Playing, singing, dancing, laughing and coming up with pranks with Luciano (my son). Playing soccer, traveling with my family… the list is endless.
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
Grace VanderWaal, the girl who won America’s Got Talent 2016. A clear example that we can make our dreams come true.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Cuzco, a city with many places to see.
– Amazonas, in northeastern Peru. A not-to-be-missed combinations of of culture and natural beauty.
– Iquitos, where excursions through the jungle will leave you in awe.
– Llanganuco Lakes, two lagoons formed at the base of two snowy mountains with beautiful scenery.
– Colca Valley, in Arequipa. For the hot springs, an imposing Andean condor flying along the Canyon, and a beautiful landscape.
9. What’s the best-kept secret in the neighborhood?
The Convento de San Francisco in the Historic Centre of Lima is one of the most beautiful architectural treasures we have.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
Even an error can turn into a good opportunity, you just have to focus to find it.