The Talent Pool: Deborah Mogelberg, Director of Brand Alliances and Global Liaison, SantiagoApril 14th, 2017
1. What do you do?
As an American living in Chile and with an understanding of South America’s history, economies and geography, I work cross-culturally between the Chilean Spafax office and the global sales representatives of Spafax and Bookmark.
2. Have you learned something at your job that completely surprised you?
That I have become a total “Aviation Nerd”. I never particularly like planes or flying but after Vanity Fair, EXPERIENCE Magazine is my guilty pleasure.
3. What is the one thing your colleagues probably don’t know about you?
I didn’t wear shoes, or clothes for that matter, until I was six years old. I was born in Hawaii before it was made a U.S. state and my father was a professional surfer.
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve worked on since you started here?
A multi-platform campaign for L’Oréal. Challenging, fun and very profitable.
5. In your opinion, what makes for good content?
Originality. Any content that teaches me something new, with some little known facts sprinkled throughout.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I spend my free time at my home in the Chilean vineyards, riding horses, gardening and drinking wine…not all at the same time! And I love to snorkel whenever I get the chance.
7. What’s the last thing you read/saw that inspired you?
My brother Israel’s 2017 Surfers Healing tour. His organization invites world class surfers to paddle out with autistic children throughout the world.
8. What are your top 5 must-see destinations?
– Galapagos Islands
– Easter Island
– San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
9. What’s the best-kept secret in the neighbourhood?
Many locals have never visited the Nobel poet Pablo Neruda’s home in Santiago. It is a place that celebrates love and beauty.
10. What is the one piece of advice that has helped you the most since you started working in this industry?
“Write everything down, don’t rely on your memory”. This simple advice has saved me many times.